How To Easily Prepare & Cook The Perfect Gourmet Burger
When we think of burgers, we don’t necessarily associate them with being gourmet food. People think of fast food and that they are not exactly that appealing. That certainly doesn’t have to be the case. With some simple ingredients you can make a tasty gourmet burger that is easy to prepare.
Here’s what you will need:
• 450g/16oz of lean beef mince
• 2 garlic cloves. Make sure to properly crush them.
• 1 tablespoon of tomato ketchup.
• 1 tablespoon of mustard.
• 1 egg, lightly beaten
• 1 red chilli. Make sure that it is finely chopped
• 1 small onion. Make sure that the onion is also finely diced.
• 2 spring onions, sliced.
• Handful basil leaves, chopped.
• Some olive oil for frying the burger.
How to prepare your burger:
1. Using a large bowl mix together the mince, garlic, tomato ketchup, mustard, egg, chilli and onion.
2. No need to be fancy. Using your hands mix until the ingredients are well blended.
3. Just before cooking, add the spring onions and basil to the mixture and divide into four patties.
4. Heat some olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan and fry the burgers.
5. Turn them once only, cooking for about 5-6 minutes each side. (Alternatively you can cook them under a grill for the same time turning half way through.)
6. Serve with burger buns and salad and enjoy!