The Official Emergency Services Crisis Response Handbook will contain information on:
1. Getting ready: Emergency preparedness and crisis response.
2. Protecting and empowering: community-based protection; protection interventions, specific needs, legal standards and principles
3. Delivering the response: Programme planning and management, sector guidance and good practices by operational context (urban/rural), standards and indicators, procedures for administration, finance, human resources, supply and information and communication technology (ICT)
4. Leading and coordinating: Setting strategy, coordination, emergencies, resource mobilisation and information management
5. Staff well-being: Support and advice for emergency responders, also in terms of psychological and physical well-being
6. Security: Security and risk management guidance, in view of emergency responders and persons of concern
7. Media: Working with journalists and mass media, including print, visual and digital media.