Halloween Tea Brack Recipe
- Place fruit and tea in a bowl and leave to soak overnight.
- Add sugar, egg, flour and mixed spice and mix well.
- Wrap ring and any other charms in greaseproof paper and stir into mixture.
- Transfer to a greased and base lined 20cm/8″ round cake tin or 900g/2lb loaf tin.
- Bake in a preheated oven 170°C/325°F/Gas 3 for approx one hour or until risen and firm to the touch.
- Cool on a wire tray. When cold, wrap in greaseproof paper and keep for two days before cutting.
- Melted honey may be brushed over brack before cutting.
What you need:
- 225g/8oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
- 350g packet of Shamrock Fruit Mix
- 300ml/½pt Cold Tea
- 125g/4oz Shamrock Golden Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Good pinch Goodall’s Mixed Spice
- Ring or other Charms
- Rowse Honey (for decoration)