Chicken Soup Recipe
- Nov 7, 2019
- by mike bravo
- Comments Off on Chicken Soup Recipe
- 55g/2oz butter
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely diced
- 25g/2oz plain flour
- 1.2 litres/2 pints chicken stock
- 450g/1lb cooked chicken, skinned and shredded
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
the butter in a large saucepan over a medium heat and gently fry the
onions, celery and carrots until they start to soften.
in the flour and cook for 2 minutes. Add the chicken stock and bring
the mixture to the boil, stirring as you do so. Season with salt and
pepper, then reduce the heat until the mixture is simmering and simmer
for 10 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the cooked chicken and cook until heated through. Adjust the seasoning, stir in the parsley and serve.